Document Formatting Services
Why invest time and money into documents and corporate image when your documents let your brand down.
Are your documents, forms, procedures, and templates not looking as professional as they should be? Are you simply too busy with other work and lacking the time and resources to update and add that finishing touch to your documents? Or is that document you are working on just sending you into a pit of frustration?
Jade Support Services have the resources, dedication, and expertise to give you that professional image.
Who we are:
Jade Support Services offer a range of formatting services, including fixing up existing word documents, generating new templates and creating fillable forms (with drop boxes, checkmarks, repeating information, etc.).
In general, we prefer to re-create documents from scratch, ensuring everything is set up correctly and not inheriting any bugs/troubles from the original document – don’t worry, this is what we do, so we are super quick at it.
Microsoft Word document formatting is our speciality, but we can also help out with Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint Presentations.
We can assist with:
- Consistent look and feel throughout. We review your documents to ensure that all fonts, margins, indentations, and other formatting elements are used consistently.
- Application of style and brand guidelines. We’ll apply our extensive knowledge of document styles to your specific situation. Alternatively, if you don’t have a style guide, we will consult with you to develop the look and feel for the documents that you want to create.
- Setting up of customised Styles: JSS can set up within your document Styles, this means when you need to add more text, you just click on the applicable style, and the new text will format into line with the rest of the text/document. Styles have set Font Type, Size, Colour, and other properties such as Bold, Italics, Spacing and whether the text is Left Aligned or Justified.
- Conversion of PDF files to Word or Excel (and vice-versa).
- Adding a finishing touch and “wow” factor.
- A revamp of documents that have been copied too many times or are outdated in style or wording.
- Setting up of templates adhering to company branding/style guides, don’t have a style guide? No problem, happy to help set one up or work together to set up a style/format you like.
- Setting up of working and formatted well Table of Contents (TOCs), Table of Figures, and List of Tables.
- Set up a suite of documents/templates (report template, letterhead, user guide, etc.) so that all documents have the same style and feel.
- Typing and data entry.
- Excel spreadsheets.
We also offer this awesome service we call ‘The Read Through Service’:
Jade Support Services has found that reading through their client’s documents to be of tremendous help to them, having that extra set of ‘fresh eyes’ to go over the document to check things like:
- Checking spelling (making sure it’s Australian spelling, not the sometimes-defaulted American spelling).
- Consistency in capitalisation.
- How numerals are written within the text (e.g. seven, not 7 until 11, and then numbers are written in numerals only).
- Ensuring hyperlinks work and the page is current.
- Hyphenation (for example, is it e-mail on page 26 but email on page 43).
- Checks Acts/Regulations etc. that are referred to are current and have not been superseded.
- Consistency of punctuation (e.g. making sure ‘for example’ is consistently written as ‘e.g.’ and doesn’t swap to ‘eg’. throughout the document, or that lead in sentences to lists all have a semi-colon, or ensuring hyphens shouldn’t be ’em’ or ‘en’ dashes instead, and so much more).
- Each bullet point (where required) has a full stop, or not.
- Consistency in the use of abbreviations.